Friday, December 12, 2008

Gums Are Thin And Sore After Extractions

Guest



2008 was a year musically extraordinary. I state that the disk I have heard more 'was Darklands, a 1987 album signed by Jesus and Mary Chain, followed by recordings of the Cocteau Twins, which I finished This year, the Cure (by the way, judging from what Smith has released this year, it makes me want to cry just thinking about the new album), the Estra, 17 King, from Universal Audio to Hate, by Transatlanticism and another that I do not remember.
In any case I had time to listen to more 'than 100 albums, even hip hop, R'NB (despite myself, I also discovered that nek is quotatissimo abroad) and the new Metallica and Gun's'n Roses, God has mercy on their souls, and whole hours of gothic metal.
The ranking is limited to only records that actually caught my attention. Are missing Bauhaus, authors of a downright ugly for love too could make me blind and put them to free ride, and Afterhours, because Manuel Agnelli did an album insignificant, and after that he never and never say anything wrong during his career, and after the hyenas, which, history will give me reason , the disc will prove more 'important part of their discography, tour a vacuum could afford and not one had to ask so much. Agnelli and I did not ask remains a genius.
But I've had too much to say, and so here are the rankings.

1. Primal Scream - Beautiful Future . In high school I had a mate, which among other things is still one of my best friends, who did not study anything, had poor grades in every subject and every year risked rejection.
but had 'an incredible talent in mathematics: when those who today have become engineers or have just graduated with honors in mathematics with 110 runs aground off the problem, after having tried everything, having abandoned the last hope of overcoming quell'invalicabile wall erected in front of the unknown, he came, he had never opened a book in his life and unravel the tangle as if it were something more 'simple in the world in seconds, just by virtue' of his talent innate.
Here, everything 'that is behind this year's Primal Scream is represented by those engineers in a fist fight and lost hours and hours on the books to reach excellence that a true chimera, have never even glimpsed, while the Scots, with their talent astronomical, literally pulverized three years of musical progress in a few months.
album Beautiful Future is a layer, solid, unassailable, eternal limits incredible. Batteries backbeat, perfect guitar, electronics, painting, text, or more naive 'committed, unforgettable melody tracks, some hint of noise and some '80s fling as their style. Immense. Ridiculed all the pop groups in business, in 11 tracks over 'from a download online.
Last year it did not take, this year we too wanted to be first: Primal Scream are the only ones to be able to do even more '.

2. Helio Sequence - Keep your Eyes Ahead. extraordinary proof, a band progressing disruptive for too long because they confirm nothing more nothing less than what I expected and that was expected of them, an impressive album, melodic, electronic, sometimes folk, and less of the dark episodes earlier. A strong turn pop. Lately Halleluja and are among the most beautiful songs written in recent times, 10 pieces without even a smudge. Eclectic and constants: consecrated to come right in the history of music with a disc that has a pass forever, and I am sure, will not know time limits.
3. Autumn's Grey Solace Ablaze-. Five albums in six years, and are always there at the top, and were it not for the unexpected excellence of their predecessors, not to look anyone WOULD BE from below, the points leader this year we have spent almost twenty years for recurrence, while the AGS has never stopped growing and cultivating the legacy of shoegazing, the Cocteau Twins to honor, perpetuate sounds, emotions and traditions. Ablaze Maybe not the magnificence of Shades of Grey (who would win in 2006 if I had published the list), but can be pop without the (few) smears Riverine (2005). I wrote that I should never look for words to describe these, once again, with the enchanting atmosphere of the most 'inspired shoegaze bands of the last 10 years. Not worth it: a note sung by Erin Welton worth more 'than a thousand novels and many saw my mind.
4. Vancouver-Even My Winters Are Summers. College, Smashing Pumpkins, The Smiths, (the best of) Death Cab, The Cure, Sonic Youth and others credit for the best band in Italian business. An original sound, a perfect album from cover to note, from impeccable harmonies, the sounds from scratch and caress. Excellent and wonderful, sweet and introspective soul singing. Promises are kept, family ventures, unexpected originality. The album is a jewel of the Italian stages deserves far more 'prominent short-sighted and that the native soil.
5. Amber Smith Introspective. The Hungarians followed them both, and there is great simplicity in this album rock hard and pure, which confirms the validity of our sound, its originality and uniqueness, and that is testimony to the achievement of the final moment to make the big jump. My personal growth as most critics 'prize' is amazing to them.
6. M83-Saturdays = Youth. A run overtime, night, between urban landscapes and well-mixed samples, a hard precious and of high quality, will remain in time. Enter the law of the greats of contemporary music with this test sublime.
7. Offlaga Disco Pax-Bakelite. An album that has not had the attention it deserved. As I have said for Baustelle, the Offlaga are inevitably linked to many times and many memories, and repeat the success of Socialism Pocket was difficult. For me the ODP have been overcome, at least musically, and I'm still here to list them all day and listen, and dream, stories more 'or less true and a little ancient world. Fogazzaro Yashenko as Vladimir. Confirmation of a musical path still in flux. And, as of the date, the most sensitive is the song 'beautiful of the decade.
8. Cranes - the same name. The return of one of my favorite bands ever is a hard honest, sincere, minimal and certainly better than Particles and Waves. Good for all seasons, original and well-structured, baroque, sad and decadent. From Cranes, finally an album from Cranes.
9. Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs. I wanted to punish place more 'low level from old fans who are disappointed in half, compensating for the sweaty little less than three years ago, but in the end I must admit that the second major album sounds good, that Ben Gibbard is still the best musician at work, but Death Cab are a guarantee, even if groped to play something different every time, and put courage (Gibbard year had concocted a jazz project lasted literally two days) in doing so would not be the end of either this or any other world.
10. Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul. Yes. Top 10 for an album listenable, adorable, pure brit. Why Oasis have never stopped playing brit. And even if they no longer have had the global success of yore, have always continued to play their music. They never stopped, while other projects were running behind the cartoon, in collaboration with the limits of hip hop and groped dell'R'NB to reach only half of the correct recognition that the Gallagher brothers have made a century ago, with two albums that have marked the history of music.
And I never stopped listening to them. As in those afternoons of my 14 years, lulled by the melodies of two of Manchester. Today as yesterday, Cos' if I have to go, you grow in my hands, that's the way you belong.

11. Baustelle-Amen
Maybe I should stop me all these problems, when I talk about Baustelle, never to be 'just something me and a few others, and resign myself to this trend that sees commercial fan of hordes of barbarians who cuts up Gigi d'Agostino heard yesterday that when I pumped from the car and the Song of the Reformatory judged bluntly Bianconi five members and the poor losers, and depressed people with little future, and today they cover is exaggerated without restraint.
This widespread distribution of their music and science is very pernicious to me (because the culture, and beautiful things, if fed to pigs, also become filthy: I will be arrogant and I am quoting verbatim Nietzsche, but empirically refutes this recruited and are willing to make a public apology), and as Amen is by far the best album I've heard, probably, the last three years, for completeness, consistency, similar to my tastes, technology, text, inspiration, everything 'that was said and done, not only by Bianconi and Bau in particular, but everyone on this boat have risen in recent times by a ship safe and luxurious, private and exclusive, an overcrowded barge for illegal decanting and unanimous praise for the new deus in the land of Italian pop on MTV, a former provincial cover of Pulp, regardless of whether a fair and objective and due to relegate them to me is the eleventh place for pure spirit of evil, the same evil perpetrated in the heart of the old fans really love the moments spent physically in the company of a gang that has marked so many times and many changes and many memories, that we have seen traded with millions of albums sold Free and delusions of omnipotence. And I know that the value of my wickedness, at this point, is more 'laughable that in the face of tons of new love in the company and Bianconi general public has been reserved.
But I've heard them too, although even emigrated.
In any case, I am confident will be squeezed when the soul, and all sit on this raft, I'll still be there to defend that flag, as I have always been. And this anger is not a memory that will remain blurred.
For now, though, 'Baustelle, 10 and praise, indeed, 110 and praise, become immortal, epic, historic monuments with a perfect album in every detail (except Baudelaire). And they're
, miserably, in eleventh place for me, the first of the losers.
12. Manuel Cruz - Foge Foge-O amor bandido da-me tight / I Não que eu estraguei tudo. The Portuguese Manuel Agnelli betrays instead. 80 pieces 80 of absolute delirium, pop, noise, experimental. Brilliant, schizoid, unstoppable.
13. Cansei de Ser Sexy-Donkey. still come to Lisbon and I continue to lose them for reasons unrelated to my will. I listen to them and I feel to shoot me in the head, because the CDSS are among the new band, the more 'fresh and original, have created their own mood, are sensual, frivolous, and since arrogantelli name. A great album, Donkey, for a welcome confirmation.
14. Somebody Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin-Pershing. Sometimes I seem teenage fanclub, sometimes those who are the first ranking, other times death cab for cutie, other times the camera obscura ... between twee and indiepop, a record that never fails: the surprise winner in 2008.
15. Notwist - The Devil, You and Me Good Lies The only worth the price of the ticket, not to mention all the other sweet tunes that feature a compact and melancholy album. Definitely inspired confermatissimi.
16. Magnetic Fields-Distortion. Ok, it is not, nor 69LS Wayward, but 'there is always the class and show that luxury like a coffee is the prerogative of a few, also because Sthephen Merritt puts the stamp on every note recorded on this excellent album . Effect unmistakable, minimalist low, familiar tunes: welcome back, Magnetic Fields.
17. dEUS - Vantage Point. perhaps understated, certainly a step backwards compared to Pocket Revolution, earned him academically to have confirmed their sound, which keeps the original, live el'aver won many points, as always.
18. Ashes Divide - the same name. If a founded A Perfect Circle, there is a reason: to find out, just give a listen to this album even superficial fantasy.
19. Bloc Party - Intimacy . Einfattisí. The case for Vodafone to be fishing singolone choose to put a background in life is now, this time. The pilot (at) the d * ll'appiattimento of rock. An album monotonous trend thus established for all groups of indie-trend of today, all the pieces, and all their CDs, overlapping, it seems that sound throughout the album-and concert-the same song . Bloc Party Kaiser Chiefs are on, of Montreal, The Kills, etc.. just because every now and then change a note. Far from being a criticism, it is simply a determination of the vacuum that goes around.
What's in the top 20, and I love it.
20. Airfields - Up All Night. The hidden jewel. Between shoegaze and twee pop. Be left open-mouthed, sensitive and engaging.

21. Kaiser Chiefs-Off With Their Heads. Just as in 2005, see bloc party.
22. Deolinda - Canção ao lado. Unbelievable but true, fails to neofolk Portuguese fado and away from, while maintaining the heritage, offers ironic lyrics and sounds exciting and fun. These are the new Madredeus, and may even exceed them. Just try it.
23. Girls in Hawaii Plan Your Escape will that I have seen them play for the first time when I was 18 when I did not miss a thing about what happened in Belgium, but we waited so long after the bees and butterflies, by the promise of the music of Petit Royaume, I had almost lost the will, and when Godot has arrived unexpectedly, plan your escape me it sounded too trivial and insignificant.
24. She & Him - Volume One. Poor things, the Genie. Humiliated by these two after less than two months from the Italian. Resizing.
25. Sons and Daughters - This Gift
26. Robots in Disguise - We're in the Music Biz. The indie album more 'dance of the year, naive and funny.
27. The Kills-Midnight Boom. only Cheap and chearful, single of the year, earning a place in top 30.
28. Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer? See 26 and 27 with She's a Rejector in piu '.
29. Hayden - In Field & Town. Album lucky and inspired, even by them a welcome return.
30. Britta Persson - Kill Hollywod Me The best female vocalist of the year.

31. Crystal Stilts, Alight of Night. the eerie cover band of J & MC catapulted into the third millennium. Very welcome.
32. Rita Redshoes-Golden Age. The fringe more 'sensual of all Portugal. An album of plagiarism for an item enchanted. She earns the position 32, far beyond its merits, according to a surreal gig.
33. Stereolab - Chemical Chords
34. Cat Power - Jukebox.
35. Vampire Weekend - Homonym They can also be fun and may well be the next big thing in the indie scene, but I do not say anything, except a good attitude and always known and loved art of the mixtures. Desperately poor.
36. The Autumn Leaves - Long Lost Friend . Sweets and all too predictable.
37. Syd Matters - Ghost Days
38. Pete and The Pirates - Little Death
39. El perro del mar - From The Valley To The Stars. Their twee will never be mine, but would not classify them as not to allow their talent and become a too heavy a burden on my already dirty conscience.
40. No Kids - Come into My House.

41. Sebastien Tellier - Sexuality.
And do a little effort? The undeniable beauty of the Divine is not worth more 'than a poor 41 th place.
42. Sondre Lerche-Polaroid Pool Party EP. is an EP, but I review it anyway because it serves as a warning. It is as above: Sondre is among others one of my favorites ever since. It is that without commitment does not go far.
43. The Genius-namesake. I wannabe I & L'au in 2008. hazy, and probably temporarily, I even bought the album - sight unseen. The Italian couple soon tired, it's a good album but too poor to be the new pop sensation of the tomato. I would have preferred that instead of singing, they had pop porn movie. Greetings and kisses.
44. Beach House - Devotion
45. Cornelius-Gum
46. Hot Chip - Made in the Dark
47. Portishead-Third. and to remain silent to contemplate the past and candles to light everything 'and that was more' is not?
48. Mojomatics - Pretend You Do not Know Me It is fate that every year there should be a band that reminds me what is the difference between tragic Calabria and Veneto. Among el'indiepop elvis, the Mojomatics are good and talented. No more 'and nothing less than hundreds of my fellow band, except that they have the money, and contacts, to require the production of a disc. We will never have them.
49. Eric Matthews - The Imagination Stage

50. Moscow Olympics - Cut The World

51. Soda-Funtain Rag It's Rag Time
52. System Of A Down - The Lips. Nothing, I'll never fall in love with the old Paul
53. Alluminium Group - Little Happyness
54. The Maccabees - Toothpaste Kisses
55. Billy Brag – Mr. Love & Justice
56. Days - Downhill
57. Why? – Alopecia. Vincono il premio per i testi piu’ fuori di testa.
58. Young Republic – 12 Tales From Winter City
59. Robert Foster – The Evangelist
60. Helen Love – It’s my club and I play what I want

61. Tapes N Tapes – Walk It Off
62. American Music Club- Golden Age
63. Grand Archives - Omonimo
64. Destroyer – Trouble in dream
65. Alphabeat – This is alphabeat
66. Jason Collet - Here's to Being here
67. Superimposers-Harpsichord Treacle
68. Fosca - The Painted Side of The Rocket
69. Asva - What You Do not Know is Frontier. Because I heard them too. A tribute to the most 'of a person.
70. Thao - we brave bee stings and all


I have seen many concerts this year, all in Lisbon but Da Weasel in Cartaxo, a concert that I liked enormously, it is difficult to put them in line, I choose five as usual, the most 'exciting perhaps
1. Sigur Ros - Campo Pequeno
Followed by
2. The Cure - Pavilhão Atlantico
3. Lemonheads - Santiago Alquimista
4. Duran Duran - Under the Bridge Vasco Da Gama, I have no idea how to call the place.
5. dEUS Aula Magna, Universidade de Lisboa


I've seen more 'than two hundred films in about 300 days. Are not strict, in terms of timelines, and then the Russian Ark Sokurov beats all, after Il Divo by Paolo Sorrentino and third Les Amants réguliers Philip Garrell. The player who most

'gave me emotions play this year with FC Internazionale Milano, and his name is Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment