When Bloc Party and Kaiser Chiefs released their new album at a distance of half an hour of each other, the division of opinion (we are on good enough in both cases) becomes a difficult task. Not for nothing in the previous post I talked about the band a clone of the other, a new indie sensational single shot from vodaf * it all over europe, monotonous album (here it's entire discographies) on MTV and agents to organize international tours, an entire generation devoted to the worship of the transformation of the Pixies in the most 'obvious and simple as possible, excluding only Franz Ferdinand is no coincidence that now are silent for years. XXX
I are an English band that has made so many years in the ranks, formed in the second half of 1990 and went on to demo until 2005, when he published his first album, after an agent had noticed her NME cover and put in thanks to the success of the individual XYZ.
now replaced with XXX Kaiser Chiefs or Bloc Party and XYZ with a random song of their first album and you have the premise for both of my impressions Off With Their Head (KC) and Intimacy (BP).
I would still be bad faith if BP did not admit that they have more 'class and more' attitude , although the imagination in designing covers let it lose, it will be for the singers' charismatic or the slightest attempt to depart from the FF and by Strokes, or because I love their lyrics, but the absolute impression that they play both from the same song five years is hard to uproot. Maybe
BPs also have a history of more 'noble, they have gained more' people, so they shot the first album, Silent Alarm, objectively had good ideas and good inventions, it could sound repetitious a few years ago, and was filled with concepts that were developed by a production and illuminated by the same band, but I was not wrong when I spoke of the fall in style with great indignation Highlighted immediately after the publication of A Weekend in the City ( here, my previous post them concern, because I always say the things before, and it goes for me who feels illogical). Intimacy is better, did not take long, but broad lines confirms the impression that among the groups -fungus quantomento the BP are the most 'sustainable, but they are little more' than a mushroom-lived, these 10 songs with rhythmic drums, two samples and distorted riffs galore. Biko or maybe something changes with Signs, which even reminds me of the Air, or the echoes Zephyrus trip hop, but otherwise is the same song at the same pace. Any other piece has three agreements with the strangled vocals and guitar to march shipped. This is rock 'n roll, baby, rock' n roll in 2008. * The vodaf it time to be fishing the event.
The KC, however, are just a little 'more' electronic, sometimes seem like the m83 and Go! Team (with all due respect, the guy in the Go! Team is a genius the copy paste at least he does it with style), sometimes I shoot a brit post punk that makes you tap your foot even if you feel like it, sometimes even plagiarize the Pulp and texts are more 'cock, but really the scribes these people do a blowjob. The Kaiser Chiefs, including their personal history, embody the ideal type of band shot in full force in the musical firmament thanks to a fundamental question-ass touched them among many: the music of Pippo Inzaghi, but can not even dribble AC Milan striker in the form, simply do things the right way and without any sharp, but maintain a fairly technical level.
the KC have even decided to change name to break through, and behind them there Employement the album, with its splendid Modern Way, coincidentally also straosannato by NME and very audible, as well as the second, a little 'subdued, Yours Truly, Angry Mob, and that Off With Their Head (again, BP and KC, hand in hand). Eleven interesting pieces, English Metal intrigued me a lot, go ahead in the standings, but if it does not change the beat and song structure is difficult to identify a piece pilot, in a blaze of lackluster 35 minutes and 41 seconds.
young men, the Pixies were doing this stuff 20 years ago, only instruments that sounded more 'poor. Remove the CD from the player is a must after the third listen, the more 'that is just an hour and a half together to clap their hands and pretending to mosh, and more than half an hour of this stuff in a bar indie dance unleashed tired, but if in 20 years there will be someone who will do so again this music, then we will be concerned really.
both end up in top 30, will spend € 25 to see them live, it is my wave, my kind of music that perhaps more 'I love, but, please, decide to begin to grow.
I will be objected that it is simple rock and roll, as I said before, that hordes of critics everywhere you tear your hair out for two albums a little more 'than enough (especially that of BP) and in my opinion not to move a millimeter music history, and is not In fact a case to defeat all these people were not the Brazil of Pele to play in the third category was enough that Primal Scream will be closed a few months in the recording studio, and I should not expect more. But this parasitism
sometimes worries me. Since 2004, progress was infinitesimal, and even though these people to Unknown Public Records Ltd. (a subsidiary of BMG / EMI / Sony, you will discover with disappointment after five minutes) holdeth its own little indie ...
Dov 'is that I want to end up?
little more 'than 10 years ago we had c'abbiamo grunge, albums and lasted an hour and a half, none of this fast listen, were not always necessarily monotonous, monotonous and still come out eternal songs. Tell me what song of Bloc Party never push a sixteen year old (my time) to pick up the guitar in hand and learn the riffs.
But in 1996 there were 10 groups, now there are 100 at a good level. In 1996, the Milan would always win the European Cup, when Franz Ferdinand released their first album was the final of the champions Porto-Monaco. The music has changed, the fruition of that has changed, for there are not more supergroups', but each one comes out singoloni qundici days. I do not know what is better or worse, this time, it is to believe, I like the scene of rock and keeps me pleasure, I congratulate with BP, KC, Interpol, Editors, Strokes, White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand ... the emotions they give me, and people continue to take up the guitar anyway, and will not express value judgments in this case, I will not try to, do not I fall for the new generations do not regret my time.
simply say that I am happy to be there too, again, and be able to continue to live it all the way down.
and to write the same passion and participation.
0 comments:
Post a Comment